Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Nancy-Naturally


OMG! I found my long lost Nancy Wilson migraine recording. (Laugh. That may have been one of the gayest things I’ve written) I don’t know what to call records, cds, downloads? What is the collective noun for our music now?

As a teenager, it was the only thing that I could do when the pain got too severe that I just couldn’t continue in the day and I had to take to a dark room, with Nancy Wilson Nancy-Naturally [it didn't have any drums, very important with a migraine] and two head ache pills, Mersyndol, as the attacks got worse. 


My dad belonged to a record club, where he got a new LP every month and Nancy-Naturally was one of them. (I’m sure that was a mistake, as she wasn’t Frank’s usual musical tastes) 

 I see the date of Nancy-Naturally was 1966. I don’t think I took queeny turns and retired to a dark room with one of the greatest divas of all time, at the age of 5, but it probably wasn’t that long after, puberty, 10 or 11. And they NEVER suspected that I was gay! I taped the LP and played it in my bedroom, but I lost it after cassettes disappeared. I’ve had Nancy Wilson cds, since. 

I have had electronic Nancy Wilson since I, well, I could. [That may well be the 2nd gayest thing I have ever written] But, I have never been able to choose from all of her recordings before, thank you Apple music subscription. So I have never had the exact recording that I took with me when I headed into seclusion from the very the beginning when being gay became a burden... or, something like that. I don’t get migraines any more… once every few years. 

And now I do have the exact recoding that I used to put on to ease severe migraine pain. It’s nice lying on the couch and closing my eyes and listening to it. No headache... Busy day.

No comments: