Friday, March 25, 2016

Gender Fluid

We watched a doco on young people who felt they had fluid sexuality. “I am non-specific. I am not a boy, I am not a girl. I am non-specific.” They were whatever sexuality they felt they were for that day, for that period of time that they felt it. They could be a girl, they could be a boy, it can change, they can feel whichever sex they felt they were at any given time.

I’d never heard this before, it was fascinating, it was hard to get your mind around. I had trouble and I am a lefty with an open mind about sexuality, I can’t imagine what, shall we say, a traditionalist might think. Not that it really matters, just thinking.


I'm not sure what I thought. You know like when you try to imagine a totally new colour?


You learn something every day. Scratch of the head.

I'm not sure where you'd begin with this, as a parent. It must be a stretch for any parent. I guess you do what any good parent does, listen. It kind of makes having a gay kid seem like a walk in the park. But then again, what do I know, I don't have any kids.

No comments: