Wednesday, March 09, 2016

What A Lovely Fresh Morning

I was out the front sweeping my footpath, early, having put the bins out, when my neighbour Jackson Wag walked up saying, "That is very community minded of you," he said

"Well, it is no big deal." I laughed, I don't know why. "There is always shit out here from all the over hangs." My hibiscus is the main culprit.

It is rubbish day and I took the opportunity to sweep up my front yard throwing all of the debris into the bins before they were emptied. It is kind of nice when it is all swept clean.

I wasn't going to admit to Jackson that 7am is the time all the cute joggers run passed... not that that was really the reason why I was out there.

"I'm off to my great aunt's 90th birthday in Ballarat," said Jackson. "I just put an orchid in the car, which was one of my mother's, it must be over 60 years old."

Really, I thought. What does a 90 year old woman want with a 60 year old orchid. "How lovely," I said.

"Anyway, my coffee is on the stove," said Jackson. "I will be about to explode up the wall." He laughed nervously.

Jackson's car has to be seen to be believed. I watched him walk back to his house. I wouldn't drive it to Collingwood, let along Ballarat. A completely clapped out Daewoo and not even one of the real Daewoo models, its one of the hand me down models that started out life as another brand. Just a load of junk. I wouldn't drive it to change parking spots.

It was a lovely, cool, overcast morning, which was such a relief after the sweltering night we all endured. There is something so invigorating about the early morning, so fresh and unspoilt.

Anyway, I'm off on an early morning bike ride, before the day heats up again. I've gotta break my arse back into daily bike rides. It can be really sore until it gets used to it again. I see other people doing it every day, I used to do it every day, I guess it is just a matter of time, but three consecutive days in and I am struggling to find a comfy position.

I've got to get out there in the morning, get the day started that way, when the air is fresh and alive and the day is new. It is lovely riding through the morning air. 

No comments: