Saturday, March 26, 2016

Waking from Dreams

I woke up from my dreams and gazed at the darkness all around. Instantly, I couldn’t remember instantly what I’d been dreaming about, but in my bed it was silent, not a sound. I lay very comfortably and told my mind to be calm, “Don’t wander.” Think sleepy thoughts slumber. But it was no good, I was awake, and ticking over, thinking of things off yonder. I pulled myself from the covers which were warm, I felt around in the dark for my pants, there was a chill in the air. I couldn’t find my hoodie, may be because it was black, despite finding things by feel, so I headed downstairs sans. It is funny some people are scared of the dark, I find it comforting, in a strange kind of way. I swapped hands with my laptop so I could grab the handrail, we've all tumbled down the stairs, fail. I’ve always found the black embracing, I’ll sit at my computer screen until the day turns pale. Before the others wake and greet the day, and chat to me breaking my trail of thought. Up early with the birds, falling asleep in the afternoon, lovely life, Sam tells me. I looked up through the glass roof at the sky, to make three wishes on the moon… except there were clouds, forming a shroud, fluffy and grey, I made the wishes anyway.

No comments: