Saturday, March 19, 2016

Political Correctness

What does Political Correctness mean now a days? It is so often used as a derogatory, generic term by those who want to hit out at the world against some kind of, more often than not personal, perceived injustices. Political Correctness has gone mad. But the world is now politically correct, it has been completely embraced by the world at large, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If someone doesn’t know not to call a woman “my bitch”, or a black guy a “nigger”, or a gay guy a “filthy AIDS ridden bum monkey”, there is a set of guide lines that points out to them what terms they should be using. So what the person who is railing against political correctness is, effectively, saying is I don’t like the modern world. Not only that, they are saying, I don’t like the modern world and I am going to show an astonishing lack of world awareness in the process. It kind of amuses me that they can’t see that. So, when I hear a person say Political Correctness has gone mad, what I hear them say is, I am an ignorant bastard and the world has left me behind, which is often hilarious, in the context of what the complainer is saying.

The smart people are subversive with Political Correctness and they get humour.

The dumb people are subversive with Political Correctness and they get Donald Trump.

No comments: