Friday, March 18, 2016

Rainy Morning

It was dark and wet this morning, such a difference, as though the seasons had changed in the night. A reminder of what is about to happen, any day now, the darkness is about to descend for six months, sad face. Short days, long nights, when we all shrink and constrict. There was no glorious sunrise, no desire to have the other side of the street cleared to enhance my view. The rain fell, the wind blew, it seemed like such a change from the summer heat of yesterday. The house was hot and stuffy, my t-shirt and track pants clung to me as I descended the stairs. Buddy came straight in as if to escape the cold. Milo came in, on his ballet feet, as he always does, and rubbed his cold, wet fur against me, which gave me chills.  The cool breeze blowing in through the open window, as I drank my morning coffee, was fresh and sweet, blowing the stuffiness of the room away, in bursts and gusts.

Then suddenly it was light, seemingly without anybody noticing.


No comments: