Monday, March 14, 2016

Getting into better shape

Since I have been off work, I figured I could increase my exercise with all of this free time on my hands. So, I've been riding my bike every day, now for 7 days, for an hour each day. I've been pushing myself along too, it hasn't been just an arvo riding through the park. I have adjusted my diet slightly, I am going easier on the carbs and have tried to cut out added sugar, although I'm not trying to cut out all sugar, I'm just trying eat less of it where I can.

I think I have lost 3 kilos, maybe 4 kilos. I'm never really sure how much exactly, as it depends on the time of day that I weigh myself. The range is 4 to 6 kilos that I have lost, which is good, huh?

It is not so much about health, not really, it is about how I look, what I see when I catch sight of myself in a shop window. Yes, it is about vanity.

I don't eat junk food. I don't drink soft drinks. I don't drink alcohol. I eat at home mostly. But I have been eating a lot of rice and pasta. And I have been eating quite big serves.

But, I think I am going to take the day off today. 
Some time later, I banged on my head phones and I went for a walk for an hour. Apparently, walking isn't much good for losing weight, but it is good for maintaining weight levels.

No comments: