Sunday, April 24, 2016

Maybe, I Cry Easily

Maybe, I cry easily, I think, maybe, I do. A friend, Matt, posted a tearful post yesterday morning about Prince on Facebook. Matt is a huge Prince fan. It bought tears to my eyes. 

It led me to listen to music I loved for the following hour, 6am, sitting in the dark, during which I couldn't stop the tears rolling down my cheeks.

I quite like to cry, though, it is cleansing, I think. Or something? I guess it is a release. A rush of endorphins, perhaps? (Serotonin? Maybe?) I never try to stop myself from crying, it is peace, it is depth, and although I was sitting in the dark on my own yesterday morning, I don't mind who sees me cry.

I laugh easily. Pleasure and pain should come without effort. It should just come.
and I love easily too. 
I've found great love in my life, 
whose hearts were true.

Thank the universe for the musicians, every kind of mood. Don't morn them when they are gone, thank them for having been. They sign post our lives for us. When I think of a time in my life, music so often comes to mind.

No comments: