Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rain on the Roof

I'm listening to the rain fall. It is 6.30am and it is still dark, even if the shadows are just beginning to creep away from whence they came. The veil of night quivers before my very eyes. I love the sound of the rain falling on my tin roof, there is something quite lovely about that sound. Romantic. Comforting, like the sun rising in the morning and your mother loving you.

I think Dionne Warwick is the perfect sound track for rain falling on the roof. Say a little prayer. Walk on by. Trains and boats and planes. Do you know the way to San Jose.

An infinite number of the universe's fingers strumming lightly on the roof above me. The rhythm of the rain, rocks me gently into submission for the rest of the day. Calm. Smooth. Relaxed.

No comments: