Friday, April 29, 2016

The Whales of August

Subject: Re: are you still being silly


You are remaining very quiet , at the moment . ! .

Was it something , I , said.

You really must consider that I have had to deal with all 7 of your divorced husbands.

I now call you Liz not Joan Taylor , and you poor bitch , not one fucking Diamond in your safe . Surely that means something.

I had lunch with Dante on Tuesday ,  he's has had another stroke , but is in good spirits and within 3 months she should be fine again . Lucky thing, it was sensory not motor stroke.

Anyway , you should be lying , stoned , on the couch , and not giving a flying F*** about anything.

A (ntony) xox



Subject: Re: are you still being silly


Silly? Darling? No, not here, not since 2007. Why do you ask?

I'm listening to the rain fall. It is midday and it is overcast and dark, even if the night shadows crept away from whence they came many hours ago. The grey of night seemingly quivers before my very eyes. I love the sound of the rain falling on my tin roof, there is something quite lovely about that sound. Romantic. Comforting, like the sun rising in the morning, or your mother loving you.


I think Dionne Warwick is the perfect sound track for rain falling on the roof. Say a little prayer. Walk on by. Trains and boats and planes. The girl’s in love with you. This house is not a home. Do you know the way to San Jose.

An infinite number of the universe's fingers strumming lightly on the roof above me. The rhythm of the rain, rocks me gently into submission for the rest of the day. Calm. Smooth. Relaxed. even if it is far too wet to consider leaving the front door.

I usually keep my 7 ex-husbands together in a diamond encrusted box set on the mantle, I’ll have to investigate for any signs of escape, but for now, I believe, there has been no getting out and about for any of them. Each one a diamond in their own right with a sparkle all of their own.

Ah Dante, funny you should mention him, I was just discussing The Whales Of August this morning with a dear friend. Give him my luv, if you ever see him again, and I’m sure he’ll be back to doing what he does best in no time.

I’m Splendid, darling, thanks for asking. I am enjoying my retirement immensely.

Et Vous?

Liz


No comments: