Friday, April 22, 2016

Prince

Utterly shocked by the news of Prince's death. When I first read the news on Facebook this morning, momentarily, I thought it was talking about one of the old English Prince's, like Prince Phillip. (It was 6am and I was a little bleary-eyed with the brightness of my computer screen in the darkness of my lounge room)

I have 2 friends who huge are Prince fans, who are both crying uncontrollably this morning. While a part of me admires them for their passion, heroes are and important part of life, the other part of me thinks it is a little odd, essentially, crying uncontrollably about someone they have never met. This is not meant to be a criticism, not at all, but just a thought I had this morning as I played Purple Rain in his honour. Maybe there is something wrong with me, that I don't possess such passion?

Your musical heros help you discover things about yourself.

No comments: