Saturday, June 09, 2018

Big Blue Banana

I was up at 7am. I let Bear out and I fed Milo. I lit a fire. Although it was a bit cool, I lit it as much for the ambience as for warmth. I wrapped a blanket around me and turned my computer on.


Bible reference – I’ve been stirring up some Christians on Facebook for my own amusement. You know what it is, Christians never give up, they never stop giving their god-delusion point of view. They never stop bleating their crap. So, where I might normally not really give too much of a rat's arse about what these people say, I decided to keep it up to them. You know how they always like to have the last word, well, I decided that I would have the last word.

The bible has been translated from ancient texts more than once, it has been edited to suit the religious leaders at various points in time and it has had many gospels removed, so it really is a flawed reference. The word of god, according to which edit? According to who? Who knows, really?



Sam got up somewhere around 9am. We drank coffee and ate banana cake that I made for David yesterday.

10.20am. I found the band Racing Cars debut album, Downtown Tonight, on iTunes, I was surprised. I played it for the first time in many years, fingers and toes? It was good to hear it again. You've got to love Apple Music.

The sun came out.

11.11am. We headed off to Clifton Hill to go swimming. Sam learning to swim breaststroke in his spare time when he went home to visit his family recently has given him a love of swimming, it would seem.

It is a 25 metre pool, which is good for me, I can’t swim 50 metres. We settled into the slow lane to do laps. I did freestyle, Sam did breaststroke. Sam did well, considering he couldn’t even swim before he went home.

There was a rather cute life guard there with a birthmark on the side of his handsome face in baggy blue shorts. He looked like he had a permanent erection in his pants, it really did, it was rather distracting. I had a look several times just trying to work out what was going on in his shorts, and I can’t really think that it was anything else other than what it looked like. And it was not insubstantial. Like a big, blue banana.

The water was warm, it made our skin feel good. It was buoyant, warm and embracing. Sam’s watch counted the laps. I think we did 30 laps, not bad for our first time.

We head to Victoria Street and ate Hoi An food.

Jill called, she is back from America and she was at her friend’s place. She wanted to know when she could come over and pick Bear up.

We did grocery shopping. At the butcher with all the marble. At plastic surgery grocery, (I tend to have nicknames for everyone) even if she wasn’t there. I sat outside Saigon Village on the plastic tables in the main walkway, like I normally do. Then I headed to Woollies to buy stuff. There was a looser chick who cut me off to get to the self serve checkouts before me, who then she fed small change into the machine, and I thought to myself, what a surprise.

We came home and took the dogs to the dog park. There was a mutt and the small white poodle, I think, called Ziggy. Both kept having a go at Buddy. One more snap at my boy, I remember thinking, and I am heading over there to have a word with the owners. I’ve got to stick up for Bud.

Jill arrived. She stayed for dinner.

Rachel sent me a photo of a Rottweiler visiting her and said we should head up to Mount La La to give it a pat. Get in the car and come now, she said. We agreed to go tomorrow for breakfast.

Jill came to pick up Bear and she stayed for dinner. Sam cooked candle nut noodles.

We went to bed at 10.30pm.


No comments: