Friday, June 08, 2018

Home For A Day

I was up at 6.50am. I cleaned up the kitchen from last night, which I clearly didn’t do, while the coffee brewed. What time did I fall asleep on the couch last night?

It was still dark, it rained a bit. I went and cleared the gutters, as I read somewhere that we are going to get a lot of rain. Of course, now a days, even the weather channel is going for ratings so you can't even believe them.

Sam cooked porridge, he served with my stewed apple.

8.45am. David called, he is home from Amsterdam for 24 hours (tomorrow he is heading to Bali) and is going to return his drag outfit from the Life Ball in Vienna, at midday.

So he was coming to visit.

I had rotten bananas to make a cake. So, I headed to the supermarket. I’d bagged up the 5 cent pieces I’d discovered in the box in our room the other day, and I fed $7 worth into the self service checkout machine without a care.

I made the cake listening to Boz Scaggs, A Fool To Care.

The cake was in the oven and the kitchen cleaned up by 11.11.

Sam arrived home and David turned up. We went to Smith Street to eat, well, Sam and I did. David went to the bank to try and short out why his credit card had stopped working in Europe. Clearly, he had eaten, as David never passes up food. He is only home for a day. He leaves for Bali at 7am tomorrow morning, on some new airline I’D NEVER HEARD OF. Molino, Moldano, or something. The cross between the Indonesian and Malaysian owners. Malindo Air, perhaps. 


"Do you think you are going to die?"

We ate banana cake and drank coffee.

David had fallen out with his 2IC on his retreats, I’m not really sure why, (he only thinks of himself and if the person he has helping him doesn’t share that same self-focused dream it doesn’t work. He falls out with them regularly) so he headed off to her place in St Kilda to sort that problem out.

Sam “worked from home” in the afternoon.


No comments: