Monday, May 10, 2004

Black-Eyed Monday

Josh had been quiet over lunch. Monday. The "it is" day. It is here.

“It’s black eyed Monday,” said Josh. “To be sure.”

“You are too funny! You know I think I shall drop around tonight!” Stella reached forward and rubbed Josh's hand. “Love ya.”

“Lovely!” said Josh. "Tonight would be great."

Stella sat back in her chair and smiled.

“There is a big group of Italian and Greek men outside our building, construction guys,” said Stella. “Just for you!!!”

“I did notice,” said Josh. “Do you know which part of them I was thinking about most?”

“Not interested,” said Stella

“Although, you did notice... and what nationalities they were too. Mmmmm!” said Josh. “Me thinks the,” fingers in the air, "not interested," fingers in the air, close quotations, “isn't exactly true.”

“You really couldn’t see past their noses,” said Stella. “Now could you?”

"See, you do know which part attracted my attention," said Josh.

"Well, I was just having a squizz to see if there were any cuties and to see if my ex was amongst them, as he works for a construction company."

“Oh yes, he's the one who... suits my criteria, huh?”

“Yep,” said Stella

“Miro and Kostas and George and Nichos... mmmm!”

“Dino.”

“I think I creamed my jocks.”

“There were a few… fair-haired, not so woggy ones there...”

“Didn't notice,” said Josh.

“Of course you didn't, couldn't get past the noses... "

“Black hair, olive skin, big brown eyes, large noses,” said Josh. He hung his tongue out of his mouth. “Now you are talking, baby!”

Stella rolled her eyes and sipped her coffee. 


No comments: