Sunday, May 23, 2004

Drop Dead Gorgeous Daniel

SMS. 1.40am. Ha Ha, I won't tell anyone. I might end up on your couch Miss or the top room – Tom.

SMS. 1.50am. The couch or the washing is all yours – christian


We went back to Jacqui's afterwards (in Richmond, that area opposite the Corner Hotel) and drank more and danced until 5am. In the end it was just me, Leah, Jacqui and Daniel.

Leah and I both agreed that we would have both shagged Daniel. He was drop-dead gorgeous, as Leah said. Nice hairy stomach, he lifted his shirt at one stage, he liked the attention.

Daniel had been flirting with a gay boy named Gregg, all night. But they’d been friends for quite some time. Right at the end of the night, when Leah was very drunk, she did a whole spiel on Daniel about Gregg being seriously in love with him and how Daniel shouldn’t flirt with him and be a cock tease. I think she was wrong. Straight girls don’t always get that straight boys flirt with gay boys. They like the attention. I think it was harmless, as I said Greg had known Daniel for years and Greg was nearly fifty, not twenty. It’s just how gay boys and straight boys play. She probably set gay boy/straight boy relationships back ten years. Maybe not.

I wondered if Leah reacted that way because Daniel was doing it with me a little at the end of the night, as the four of us danced in Jacqui’s lounge room. I tried to explain to her that most gay boys don’t waste their time chasing straight boys. They don’t call them straight for nothing.

We left Daniel and Jacqui together at the end. We both wondered if they shagged.

We got home at 5am. We went via 7/11 to get cigarettes. So Leah and I stumbled along Smith Street holding each other up, with sore, sore feet, as the night was heading toward morning.


Tom stayed, getting home after daylight.

I got up at 13.30.


SMS. 14.50. How's Nick? – christian

SMS. 14.58. Who is this? – Tim.

SMS 14.59 Herumph! – christian

SMS. 13.01. I didn't have your number in my new phone. My god!... He's Tony and more... actually about three inches more. He, he. – Tim


Leah and I walked to the Fitzroy Gardens and then headed down Brunswick Street to eat pizza and drink coffee. We wandered home as it got dark

Rachel arrived at 7pm,

Jill at 7.30.

We went to Gluttony for dinner, but it was closed. So we went to Suede instead. We had a nice dinner together, old friends together.

Rachel left early for a Rendezvous with Dan, who lives with Mike. She didn't tell Jill or Leah... well, maybe just not Leah. Rachel thinks rightly or wrongly that Leah has a big mouth.

But Jill left as soon as we got home, so Rachel's early departure didn't seem so obvious.

Leah and I watched Big Brother when we got home. And we drank tea and we smoked cigarettes. Leah has to stop when she goes back to Sydney.

Tom stayed late and left early, so we didn't see him. 


No comments: