Thursday, May 20, 2004

I'd Be In The Back Of The Monaro Biting Down On The Leather...

Hey Christian,

Slaving away at an essay here, wringing words like blood from a stone.

How are you today?

Looking forward to tonight?

xT


I'm good, Kym.

Wring away buddy.

I feel as free as a bird, it's amazing how one assignment down can change everything.

And I have effectively finished my second assignment, although I still have to pull it all together. But I do have all the info sitting on my desk at home.

And I'm even going to try a little creative writing of my own. One of my contacts, my initial contact, said she didn't feel qualified to answer my questions, so I decided last night that she is going to answer my questions, unbeknownst to her. I'm going to make her history and work practices up for her. I'm just going to amalgamate the other three and low and behold I'm going to have four case studies, by the time I'm done. I don't know why? I think it's the total lack of creativity in this subject that is driving me to do it.

Now I'm free to play with Leah this weekend. Even might be going as her date Saturday night, to a girl's fortieth, with a group of friends used to know Leah and I as a couple when we were in our twenties. I haven't decided, but it could be interesting to see the look on their faces.

Anyway, lots to do.

christian


Just wanted to say a huge thank you...

I spent this morning's writing time adding your comments to the computer version of my story. You've given me a lot to work with. I love the idea of nuns – not being Catholic they didn't occur to me. You've made a lot of great suggestions – now all I need to do is think about how I incorporate them. I'm feeling really invigorated by your comments. Now all you need to do is throw something my way so that I can return the favour.

Hope you're having a lovely day ☺

PS: I inherited the empty bottle – after getting you to snaffle it, Mark G decided it would only clutter up his flat… go figure!

Kym


Cool. You know I'm happy to.

The whole nun thing had me in stitches... although I'm not a catholic. My mother would throw things at that, being a good Anglican... But I saw a glimpse of her school days with nuns. I could picture the wimple and the expression.

christian.

PS Lucky you with the bottle.

PPS. Did I see another side of Mark G. after the red wine? I kind of think that I did. It was like the sedatives had worn off... and I'm not sure it was a side that I liked.


Hmm… wimples, now there's something the narrative needs!

Not sure about the other side of Mark G, what specifically were you noticing? Let me tell you, by the time I dropped him at his place (not long after we left you – he didn't feel like coffee) he was back to his normal soporific state. Let's keep him sedated.

Kym


There just seemed to be a slightly nasty edge... hint of... in the margins, at the very edges of Mark G. (The outer reaches of Mark G, now there's a concept)

And he seemed to be enjoying looking down your top, after he’d had a few wines?

(ed note. I guess that means he isn’t gay?) (I only say that because over the years a few people have asked. Not that I ever really thought it)

christian


Yeah – I agree (about the nastiness and the looking) I find both a bit disconcerting. Where's the valium?

Kym


Before I tell you to keep your dirty little secrets to your self I would have to admit that I could get half a mongrel for Igor and his Monaro helps with the other half.

Greek boys... No wonder Greece is in ruins.

Shane


Have you watched Big Brother up late, with Igor wondering about in his boxers? Thick legs, solid torso… and the wog boy voice.

If I was a girlie with a short skirt, I know where I'd be on Saturday night... in the back of the Monaro biting down on the leather...

christian


Tom

Of course I mind!

christian


Well, if you mind so much lucky I'm not going then! Hmph!

And why, pray tell, do you mind that I might join you in a now hypothetical gathering?

Or do you mean you DON'T mind?

Tom


I thought you were going. I was expecting to see you there.

It seemed such an odd thing for you to say, if I minded. Of course, I was going to say that I minded to that. Which, of course, meant that I didn't, but surely I don't have to explain that.

The show was fantastic.

christian


Mark and Luke arrived down for Wes’ show, at the Hi Five Bar.

Manny said he wanted to come and firstly I said he couldn't. Then I told him that all the tickets had been bought. But then I was on the phone to him and Aby said she was going out somewhere and I said to her, Come along Jude says there are lots of tickets, which Manny heard on the other end of the phone. Oops!

We went to Arcadia for dinner and I ate beetroot risotto – the three of us, Aby and her gorgeous friend Gary.

The show was great, Wes is very talented. Humour and fantastic music, wonderful arrangements and superb showmanship. Tina de Twist was incredible; funny, almost poignant, but not quite – amazing how she interacted with her band (cute they were, too) with great musical arrangements. Mark said, but she only said I don’t believe me, once. Which, of course, is true. But she was less mad and more musical, this time.

Wes and Tully were great together. Wes took songs from all different artists and styles and made them his own, when he sang with Tully.

We got home after midnight.


No comments: