Monday, August 07, 2006

Cameras

Of course, I'm still not using my new Cannon Powershot digital, I'm still using my Minolta SLR.

I'm an idiot, I know.

But it's not my fault... naturally. (you were expecting me to say something else?) It's definitely Mark's fault. Ex-boyfriends, they have to be blamed.

Oh, when I first got it, Mark arrived - he has a sixth sense for such things, I tell you (*) - the day, nay, the hour I bought it home and he wanted to take it for a test run. I wasn't going to use it for that first weekend, can't remember why now. A funeral? An intervention - like I give enough of a shit to do that.

A smoking circle of death - ah the good old days, it does take me back. Trip to the moon, who can remember those details.

So, of course, Mark being Mark, he had it for a week, or so, and managed to lose the instruction manual. And this camera is a piece of work. Everything function uses symbols and pictures. Fucken hieroglyphics!

Okay, I admit it, I've been slack. I put the bloody thing on my self waiting for Mark to arrive with the instruction book, I've got a good memory, I probably only need to look at it once... and he never did, of course, and the camera has never been used again.

(*) new clothes, new cars, new boyfriends, you can set your watch by Mark arriving at the critical moment and trying to make off with the merchandise.

There are a couple of my friends who wont forgive Mark for the Carl incident. I only mention this as a point of interest, I, personally, have forgiven him ages ago.


3 comments:

RIC said...

Yes, boyfriends manage to be so lovely, especially when they become ex-bf... That's exactly when you best realise they could be so meddlesome. Nauseating!
Can't you try tha Cannon site for a pdf with the instructions? It's such a shame having such a marvellous piece of technology and not being able to use it...
That would easily bring into a state, I assure you! (You know, Latin blood, it boils like hell!!!)
Sail safely through the daily currents and winds! (A weak poet must have visited me tonight...)

FletcherBeaver said...

Oh, I've just been soooo slack. It is barely true at this stage to blame it on Mark. I mean, he did misplace the manual, but that was 6 months ago.

RIC said...

We always have other things to do, haven't we? Today this, tomorrow that, and time just flows by.
I usually am slack too, unless I have something in my mind I want to do until it's done & finished. In this case I'm thorough and relentless, as if it were an accute obsession.