Monday, August 07, 2006

Petrol, Mortgages, Bananas.

I haven't talked politics for a while...

So the theory on that 50's throw back John Howard (hence forth he shall be referred to as Mr Sheen) is that the working class, traditional voters of the left, are voting for him, as he represents the life style that they aspire to and voting for him is as close as most of them will ever get. So they are actually voting for someone who will work against them.

Stem-cell research has made a break through where heart arteries maybe able to repair themselves, therefore revolutionising the treatment of coronary heart disease.

Who do you think is campaigning the hardest against stem-cell research? The religious right or the pharmaceutical companies?

Do you think that any of the wars being fought are being fought for humanitarian reasons? (Did you know that Lindon Johnston was part owner of the Bell helicopter company, the main helicopter used in the Vietnam war?... maybe one of the reasons why the US stuck at it for so long.)

Does anyone actually think that Australia followed America into war in Iraq for humanitarian reasons and not for the free trade deal that we got?

Keep us scared, protect us from the bad guys, all good short term political strategies.

Mr Sheen (that's dufus Howard for the slow ones) couldn't even be trusted to tell the truth to his own colleagues, the leadership issue is one of the most despicable betrayals of modern political history, what hope have the rest of us got?

There is so much talk about how terrorists are going to cause our destruction, it sells newspapers and TV, when the truth is, most of us are far more likely to die of fat-clogged arteries.

The most lucrative global businesses today are military weaponry, pharmaceutical drugs, tobacco, alcohol and food.

The only industry that is regulated in Australia is the tobacco industry.

Not so long ago, maybe last year, I was out at a dinner party and I excused myself to go outside to have a cigarette, when this fat chick, next to me, asked if I knew how bad smoking was for me. She had been prickly with me all night, needling me, goading me, to the point where I had almost asked her earlier what her problem was. I couldn't help myself, I asked her if she knew how bad over-eating was for her. She stopped after that.

Why is that idiot Howard actively working to create rich and poor in Australia, can anybody answer me that?

We are fast becoming a nation of fat, lazy, wheezing boozers who rely on prescription drugs and medical technology to prolong our unhealthy lifestyles.

The truth is that keeping us fat, drunk, legally doped, sick and at war is highly profitable.

We pay lip-service to a healthy life style, in pretty much the same way we pay lip-service to a healthy environment. 


1 comment:

RIC said...

Man, I just love a powerful diatribe! I believe you can go even further without changing your own style.
Most of my posts in Portuguese are either cultural critique (so many tasty subjects in Portugal, you just can't imagine) or home politics. I've always been left-wing, so I don't trust any of the newcomers into politics, who do everything to step into Washington's shoes. Bastards and traitors, that's what they all are. Sometimes I even believe they'd be ready to sell their own mothers and wives to a harem...
Yes, repulsive!
Keep that sharp eye working!
(Btw, a few days ago I saw on TV Mr. Sheen running away in his car, I guess in Canberra, from a group of demonstrators that was ready and about to trash his car... with him inside, I think... (lol))