Thursday, August 24, 2006

Homeless

"Buy a Big Issue to help the homeless," he said.

He didn't look homeless, I thought. Good looking, nicely dressed, well spoken.

Like the homeless couldn't be good looking, nicely dressed or well spoken.

He could have been me, easily, without my luck... I guess. He even looked a bit like me.

"Get your Big Issue here."

It made me think. Me, without the good fortune of having been born into a good family, with means and connections. I wondered if I had ever done anything to deserve it? To deserve my lot? To deserve my good fortune, which, of course, I take for granted.

I'm guessing he wouldn't take it for granted?

He'd be better off growing dope and flogging it, I thought.

Big Issue, I said silently to myself. Get your Big Issue here. 


11 comments:

RIC said...

Don't look too long in the mirror: the reflex may become real.

FletcherBeaver said...

It looks pretty good, though

RIC said...

Fine! A sign there are no second images behind...

FletcherBeaver said...

No what, behind?

RIC said...

IMAGES, man! Other reflexes to disturb what you see, of which you say «it looks pretty good, though».

FletcherBeaver said...

Nah, I was talking about my own reflection looking pretty good.

RIC said...

Exactly, Chris. What you see is pretty good, so don't «wake» any other images/reflexes/reflections on/in that mirror.

RIC said...

Btw, I've read this very same post at least once. I guess posts here come and go as winter winds blow to and fro, huh?...

FletcherBeaver said...

Oh yes, you may well have, but you must have been quick. I've decided to only write one post per day and I think I posted this post briefly, yesterday for a moment, before I came to the 1 post decision.
I've decided that because I need to spend less time blogging, as it is taking up too much of my time.
I was kind of tossing up about stopping blogging altogether, as I'm not getting any real writing done, just this. But I've decided to give the 1 post a go for a while to see how much time that takes up.

FletcherBeaver said...

sweet dreams... mr ric

RIC said...

There is still another one, rather short, just 3 or 4 lines, to which I attached some piece of information for you on a comment. In a few minutes it was gone! Hence the words «Thanks pal! You're welcome!» that, it seems, you've not understood... If you happen to have thrown it away I guess that information is lost. Not my fault though, Mr. Chris! I've kept my promise. Perhaps you're the careless one in this story...
Sleep tight! I still have many hours ahead, naturally, Mr. Chris.