Friday, August 25, 2006

What Do You Call This?

Manny came into work, to visit? To see me? To get tattslotto money. He's funny, he calls hours before he's going to arrive. He schedules me, that's what I call it. He laughs when I tell him, but he can't help it. I'm not sure if he gets it? I'm not sure if he realises what he does.

"We have to win soon," he says. "Then we can go on that cruise."

"Greek Islands," I say.

"No, I want to be on a boat, with the endless view of the ocean... and you." He smiles. I love the way his brown eyes sparkle when he looks at me.

"No Man, the beach at sunset on Mykonos, looking out over the Mediterranean. When everyone one else has headed home. I want to see your handsome face reflected in that light. It's just beautiful."

He pulls me back, as the lift doors open to reveal someone already inside. "Hang on a second." He smiles. I'm sure we all look awkward until the doors close again.

The next lift comes. He pushes me against the mirrored wall and we kiss as soon as the doors slide shut again. We are reflected to eternity in the mirrors, like we are kissing forever - a thousand Manny lips kiss a thousand Christian's. I always want to push the emergency stop button, at those moments, like they do in the movies.

"I miss you, you know," says Manny.

I know I should say that I miss him in return. But, the only time I get to see him, lately, is when he comes in to get the tattslotto money. He says we haven't had sex for a month? (My how time flies) He says he misses it, he says he misses me.

I can't decide what to do about the problem that is Manny? By any previous boyfriend standards, I wouldn't even call this a relationship. But then his handsome face smiles at me and his gorgeous eyes sparkle and that part of me, that special Manny part, melts... all over again. 


6 comments:

RIC said...

If you were asking me, I might say it's the kind of relationship that is not. No intention of being judgemental. However, if there are no other bonds than those provided by sex, I'd call it association instead. It may be convenient, comfortable, «handy», practical, whatever. But it can also be a torture. I guess it gepends only on one's feelings... or interests.

FletcherBeaver said...

When it's good, it's very good. But alas, that isn't so often any more. And I need someone who will stimulate me mentally as well as physically

RIC said...

You're becoming a master in text remaking - expanding and shortening. Marvellous! A skill a writer can definitely use.
Is Manny a problem? Read your own words again and think about them. I believe you know more than you think... or say...
Enjoy your weekend!

RIC said...

So, we're simultaneously online! How curious! Good evening to you, Mr. Chris!
Btw, «Prince Charming» is a fairy tale, you know?...

FletcherBeaver said...

Introduce me to Prince Charming and I'll find out for myself if he is fairytale, hologram or figment of, whose, imagination.
The whole blogger world crashed just after it was discovered that we were online together... or at least, it did my end.

RIC said...

Really??? Well then, that must have happened only in your «half world», because in mine (I like the status of this phrase...) I just went on blogging. I thought you were tired and had headed straight (what a word, gosh...) to bed.
Please, Chris, have mercy! Even if I were to take all possible pleasure in introducing (gosh, another strange word in this context...) you to Prince Charming, I just couldn't ever do it: he's a fairy tale character.
And I believe in fairy tales, you know... Nothing done, I guess.
You'll have to look some other way...