Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Bye and Thanks for Everything

Ah god, it's great to be employed, back in the thick of things...

My law firm hit a new low for me today. They are taking the opportunity to retrench staff because of the global financial crisis, across the board, thirty so far, more to come - my own department tomorrow. After I had completed the calculations, the director of HR sent me a new redundancy policy to replace the company policy which has been in force for the five years that I have been with them. A new policy that slashes employees redundancy payouts significantly. Not only are they terminating long time employees, some in the age bracket where they will find it hard to obtain another job, they are repaying their loyal service by paying them as little as possible, in direct contradiction to the retrenchment policy under which all of the said employees would have been employed.

As far as I'm concerned, it is a despicable act.

Whoever said that law firms were the scum of the world?


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

This is why I ditched law to become a biologist.

FletcherBeaver said...

Good move