Monday, October 20, 2008

Hello Sunshine

Well, things can change just like that, now can't they. Not that I am getting too far ahead of myself, not just yet, but...

I digress...

I went to Charlie's farewell Saturday night. David came with me, for support, to keep me company, as, really, the only person I knew at the farewell was Charlie himself. Besides, David was working just around the corner and was finishing when I had to be at the Lucky Coq. David had a friend's fortieth to go to, (the beautiful Stuart's ex, Tom, who I also know, vaguely) which I could go to also, if I needed an escape, if the farewell was dire.

David and I ate dinner together, at Lucky Coq, before I text Charlie, who was just down stairs. Then Charlie was standing next to me, telling me to get moving down stairs to join everyone else.

Everybody was there, all on a big table, or standing around. Charlie introduced me and David to a friend of his who had just returned from London, Mitchell. David Chatted to Mitchell, as I chatted to Charlie and a few other people.

Then it was time for David to go, his parting words were, Mitchell is hot, get me his phone number.

I chatted to a few people before Mitchell and I gravitated together. We chatted about London, Melbourne, what I'd done, what he'd done, university - both finance majors - life, the world.

Then I told him I was an evil smoker and that I was going to the court yard for a cigarette. He joined me, as he is an evil smoker too. We chatted out there for ages, before Charlie found us and asked us what we were doing. Charlie kind of eyed us suspiciously, like guys do when they suspect something is going on between their friends. Charlie smacked us both and told us to come back to the group.

Mitchell suggested that we exchange phone numbers, as he was starting a new job in the CBD, so we could have lunch. At that stage, I secretly thought I'd been very clever in getting his phone number for David... even if I thought he was very nice.

Eventually, everyone else wanted to head off to Love Machine, or The Market, but I didn't really feel like going, nor did Mitchell, as it turned out. So, we shared a taxi home, as he was heading to a friends place in Brunswick. I kissed him good night, when we got to my place and headed inside.

David had headed down to Bear Nation, so I settled my drunk arse on the couch. Oh, it was bliss.

Then Mitchell text me to say that his friend lived in Fitzroy and not Brunswick and wasn't he silly.

We've been texting since. He's sweet. Really sweet.

I must admit, I'm a little taken with him. Not that I'm getting too teenage school girl about it... but I am a bit. I know, two days of texting doesn't mean anything and it could all end as soon as it started, naturally.

But, it has put a smile on my face, that's for sure.

David said, jokingly, half jokingly, that I pinched Mitchell off him (speaking of teenage school girls) to which I apologised, saying that I truly thought I'd been terribly clever, that when David asked me if I had got his phone number I was going to say voilĂ , here it is.

However...


No comments: