Thursday, October 02, 2008

Just a Lazy Bastard, So It Would Seem

It's the most beautiful day - warm with a gentle breeze. Summery. (there is a fly buzzing around my study... I hate that) Blue skies, sunshine. There is a lightness, low gravity, freshness about the day.

I should so ride my bike, it would be gorgeous. The freedom would lift my spirit, the rush of air would fire my soul. Slipping through the day would make me come alive. Tingle. Buzz. Whoosh. I gazed at my bike, as I was sitting outside having a ciggie. I know I should, but my body becomes heavy and tired at the thought. I feel myself sink at the thought of all the energy expensed. I can't get myself motivated, just can't do it.

Every day, I said. When I first decided to quit work, I told myself I'd ride my bike every day. I did for about a week, every second day. Then? Nothing? Oh yes, Christian, you are doing great.

Freedom is putting off to tomorrow what could be done today. Clearly.


No comments: