Friday, December 18, 2009

Good Morning World

I walked out onto my balcony to see what sort of day it was, hot or cold? We've had 40 degrees followed by cold, stormy and wet.
No, I think Melbourne’s changeable weather is way over exaggerated.

Now, I had only just cracked open the coffin lid - I had text Ravi, first thing, to try and entice him over, but caught him in the middle of wanking, which apparently helped him no end. Yes, well, glad to be of service.

As I stepped outside into the morning, I discovered it was a lovely day, 25, or so, and sunny, with a breeze. And with that, being quiet please with what I found, I said,
Good Morning world.

There were people below on the street going about their business, who looked up at me with that hurried, morning rush expression on their faces. As if to say,
What? Scowl!
Oh, I said, not expecting people to be there, not sure why now.
Go about your business, I said. Immediately regretting it.
They looked back with confused expressions, wondering if I was, in fact, speaking to them. At which point, I did a nervous, quite unintended, Elizabeth R hand wave.

Then I beat a retreat indoors for coffee.

No comments: