Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Settling In Nicely

We went to Minyon Falls, first up, to see what affect all the rain had had on them.

There I was in the Range Rover traversing roads precariously perched on the sides of cliffs. Then there was the ridge road across over to the falls themselves perched on land that fell away steeply on either side. It all set off my fear of heights gene big time.

But, I survived.

The falls themselves were gorgeous, but again high up, made my knees wobbly. It’s kind of annoying, you know, all that beauty and my vertigo alarm was pulsing through me.

It was so beautiful though.

We came home and relaxed.

I read The Slap. We all read, all three of us, lazing around on the couches. And then Mark got restless with relaxing and had to go mow the lawn.

Roz came over with Bromeliads. We ate cheese and biscuits and antipasto. We planted plants in the palm garden that Mark and Luke have cleaned up already.

We ate warm beef salad.

It was nice. Food and relaxation in a picturesque country setting, it doesn’t get better than that.


No comments: