Monday, December 07, 2009

A Good Ear

You know, sometimes life and people get you down. It's one thing to be the person that your friends come to for advice through tough times, situations - divorce, cause they cheated, HIV infection because they risked it one more time, a budgeting crisis - but I find I can take some of it on. Sometimes, I get stressed out and just have to go to my quiet place to stop feeling anxious about what people have unloaded on me. Today was one of those days. Silly really.


They teeter off on my assurances and I sometimes falter.

Which one of you bastards listens to me?

(Actually, Mark does. And Jill does. They are my council)


I should have called Ravi, he's always good for a little stress relief. He wouldn't have minded, in fact, I'm sure he would have been keen.

Undo his belt, pop the buttons on his fly, slap his arse, kiss his lips.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yes...interesting how there is always the one person in the group who is always the listener and dispenser of sane advice. Who the hell are they suppose to turn to when they are down?

Go on. Call Ravi. You know you want to.

FletcherBeaver said...

Some times, they walk away happy and relieved and I have it eat at me for a time.
Wise words and you are so together, is what I often hear.
I raise my hands in a question and ask, I am?