Thursday, December 24, 2009

Xmas Cheer

I'm going to make Xmas biscuits with my mum, today. Passion fruit shortbread, chocolate and hazelnut biscuits, and cranberry, honeycomb and chocolate biscuits.

Oh stuff it, I thought, everyone I know has everything they could possibly want without me rugby tackling the madness at the shops to buy them what would probably only end up as land fill anyway.

I know it's a bit like ya granny used to make and no I won't be making potted jam next.

But, did you know that the average western kid gets 12 presents for xmas.

We've got to curtail our consumerism if the planet has any chance of surviving. It’s my attempt to make personalised, environmentally friendly presents.

I’ll get red and green cellophane for xmas and some wicker baskets, they’ll be great.

And, I was practically a pastry chef in my teenage years, it’s was what I used to like doing in my spare time. (And no one worked out I was gay?) I'm good at it. I can cook any sweet biscuit, cakey, deserty kind of thing, I have a knack for it.


4 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Christian...you are becoming very domestic. Next, you'll be knitting jumpers and socks!

Gabriel said...

happy christmas babe
x

FletcherBeaver said...

I can change a washer, fix a tap, paint a room, care for a potted plant and cook, although meat and three vege every night leaves me cold.

FletcherBeaver said...

Happy Xmas Gabriel xo