Friday, July 02, 2010

I Shook My Head

Shane complained that David had eaten all of his Nutella. David complained that he was being unfairly accused. But, David has an incredible appetite and was always to blame for food when it went missing. He's a pig, there, I've said it. He can eat his own body weight without breaking a sweat. Not to mention the nights he got on the Stillnox and raided the fridge in a coma. We used to call it his Heath Ledger mix. What was it he used to take, Trammil, Mobic, Stillnox and Valium.

Oh yes, a very Zen Yogi... nothing but the "moves" (should that read positions?) and the "good word", you know how it is.

The truth of the matter is that it was me who ate the Nuttella. You know, a late night snack on toast, a boy gets hungry. I never meant to hide it, I didn't need to. I was going to own up, but when it turned out that David got the blame, well, what the hell. I've made sure that I haven't eaten any of it since David moved out.

Shane said to me today, "See..." holding up the half empty Nutella bottle... "Nothing gone since David left, I knew he was lying."

I smiled. "You know what he's like."

"The fact that he could look me right in the eye and tell lies like that."

I shook my head. "Some people."


4 comments:

The Mutant said...

It upsets me to think that I'm guilty of the same kinds of crimes at times, all the time wishing I was a better person and could just come clean... but my self esteem sucks, so I'm blaming that.

That and I have a total weakness for Nutella.

FletcherBeaver said...

I know I will fess up at some stage, but not sure when. I'll probably tell David first, you know, just to watch him squirm a little.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Mmm...nutella. I used to see all the white kids take nutella to school when I was a kid so I asked my mum to buy me a jar we when were at the supermarket one day. Ate it all in one sitting when I got home and threw up violently straight after. Haven't touched the thing since.

FletcherBeaver said...

Hmmmmm, nutella spew? Oooo, turns me tummy just thinking about it. I can imagine that it could be nasty and probably colourful.