Friday, July 30, 2010

iPhone4

OMG! The iPhone4 is out. Stop the press! Oh, ah! I hope I won't have trouble breathing when I see my first one. Is the world spinning a little differently? Wait, I'm sure it is.

Sam was very excited! He's been waiting for it. This day. It's one of the interesting things about going out with a semi-nerd IT geek boy. (except when he laughs, nay, scoffs at my phone, lap-top, pc.) He was going to get an iPhone4 today, today was the Day! And when he didn't it was a disaster!  But, he already has the previous iPhone and the new one is a dud? What's the big deal? Apparently, I didn't quite understand? You just have to keep up in the techno race. Now he's yesterday’s news.

You couldn't pre-order, apparently. And it was no use going to a provider, you had to go straight to mecca, the Apple shops in Doncaster or Chadstone. That much I understood.

I think it's kind of cute, to be truthful. It doesn't really matter what you are passionate about – iPhones, square dancing, stamps, blood – as long as you are passionate about something. You know, interesting. It could be about shrunken African heads that stare you down, I don't care.

I didn't even mind being dropped by the wayside. We'll catch up tomorrow night, okay?

Yeah, sure. Wry smile.

But, the iphone4 is a dud?

No, you get a case with it, which makes it work.

But surely, they have to release an upgraded phone without the fault.

Yes, in September.

So, why don't you wait until September.

Wait? Until September? I'll get a new one in September?

But aren't you getting one now?

Yes.

But?

He was looking at me by this stage as though I was an alien, or an idiot, or like I'd walked into the black party in lime green.

You're funny, he said. He kissed me. 

And there is nothing wrong with your phone... but he was gone.

So...? I decided to stop thinking about it, trying to make sense of it. It's clearly a secret I haven't been let in on. I clearly don't have the gene. I still only use my phone to text and call people. And mostly it's just texts.

Don't tell him, but I even think all this is adorable.

 

No comments: