Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's Nothing You Haven’t Seen Before

I watched Avatar with Shane last night, only on dvd, admittedly. Hmm? Yeah. James Cameron mixed Bambi with the Empire Strikes Back. What was the big deal? It was nothing we’d not seen before. Tell people something is new and they are sucked in oh so easily. There has even been a movie with set in trees just like that, what was that called?

Jill was right when she said, It's nothing you haven’t seen before. I expected her to enthuse, being the si-fi buff, but she didn't. It kind of put me off seeing it until now.

1 comment:

The Mutant said...

I went and saw it for the visual spectacularity - in 3D at the cinema. I can understand the lure of that.

Otherwise it just so happens to be nothing more than run-of-the-mill in its story telling. The comparisons to pocahontas seem pretty apt.