Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to Work

I went for a job today in Footscray at the uni. I was recommended by a friend. They all seemed very nice, friendly, it seemed easy and they seemed keen. And, I have to say being back at Uni seemed exciting.

However, the job really is a junior kind of role - large team and I'd only be doing a small part of the role I used to do on my own. And I'd have to drive there, after having the luxury of walking for the last ten years.

They offered me the position there and then and I accepted, but... now, grimace, I think I'm changing my mind.

On the way home, there was a hold up in Kensington and then a hold up in Victoria Street and while they were kind of minor, it gave me an insight into what it would be like at peak hour?

Oh what to do?

You see I was thinking there would be another GFC, the position is only until the end of next year and I thought I should take it rather than sitting around on my arse for the rest of the year doing nothing.

But, driving to a job at which I'm, probably, ultimately going be bored? I don't know.

Oh, it just seemed so simple.

And the smell of Uni, I think was a little intoxicating. It took me back, that smell of books and testosterone. 


No comments: