Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Damn!

The first thing I learned straight after turning down the new job, was that my old contact at my old recruitment agency/employer has left.

OMG! There goes my secret advantage. Ug! The person who knows me, who has got me my last however many jobs, the person who I didn't have to explain anything to, the person who, I'm sure, genuinely liked me. That person. Gone.

Then suddenly, I think that maybe I shouldn't have turned down the other job. One hour later and I'm wishing I could undo, cavalierly, turning down the other job. One hour later and I want to take back the untakebackable.

I have left two messages for the new consultant/chick. Then I speak to her. I may be being unfair, but she sounds like a woman who has taken over from someone who had done the job for the previous fifteen years.

She promises to call me back shortly. The evening comes and I am still waiting.

Sam says the right thing when I say I have made a mistake.

"Get the job you want babe, I can't have you complaining in my ear about your job."


No comments: