Monday, August 29, 2011

The Wash Up

I take my car into be serviced. A new starter motor it is now. How long has that taken... four visits to the mechanic over a few months.

I come home, it’s a lovely walk through the Exhibition Gardens, and turn down the Footscray job.

The first thing I learned straight after turning down the new job, was that my old contact at my old recruitment agency has left. Kathy has left U-Beaut Employees-R-Us.

Fuck no!

OMG! There goes my secret advantage. Ug! The person who knows me, who has got me my last however many jobs, the person who I didn't have to explain anything to, the person who, I'm sure, genuinely liked me. That person. Gone.

Then suddenly, I think that maybe I shouldn't have turned down the other job. One hour later and I'm wishing I could undo, cavalierly, turning down the other job. One hour later and I want to take back the untakebackable. You had it... and you let it go, that sort of feeling.

Damn!


Mark calls me pissed off about the non-invite. He ran into Campbell. Then he calls back to tell me how disappointed he is in me for not saying something to Shane.

Shane goes to school.

I retreat to bed, sad and disappointed that I let Mark down. It makes me cry... well nearly. I well up. I feel defeated. 


No comments: