Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bugger it! I Have to Leave the House

I’m awake at 9am.

Surprisingly, I'm feeling ready for action. You see, after a period of inaction, you do come out of it naturally. I called (the old manager) and make mum's move Friday. I called (the new manager) to confirm it. I called my sister.

I wonder briefly about getting a job. Apparently, our old HR manager has offered Beck the manager’s job at the law firm the HR manager went to... she has one part timer employee below her.

Coincidentally, I had applied for the part time position just when I'd been given the sack from the black law firm and my application was unsuccessful. I wonder if it has been filled?

I'd forgotten that our old HR manager was there. Idiot!

Would I take the part time job if Beck offered it to me? Sure I would. I hope I haven’t already kissed that one good bye with my rather, now that I think about it, half-hearted application a few months ago. I should have updated my resume properly, but I really wasn't convinced about a part time position when I did. Maybe, I was just asking too much money?

Could it be that easy?

Why didn't they offer me a job? Why doesn't anyone ever offer me a job. I suddenly feel deflated... wind left sails. Oh fuck them!

Bugger it! I’m out of cigarettes, I have to leave the house.

I buy a chomp.


No comments: