Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cats and dogs, Venus and Mars

I was doing labels for folders, at work, it was a quiet afternoon. I hadn't done them before, but how hard can they be? I ask you? I'm usually good doing such things. Some days, I don't care what I do, it is enough just to keep busy. I hate sitting around doing nothing, the day drags. I'm happy to help out.

I had to ask where the labels were. Then, as I was heading back to my desk, I asked, "Which way do they go in the printer tray?"

“Read the instructions, don’t be such a man,” said Cathy, pointedly. Christine tut tutted. A collective roll of the eyes, knowing (girl power) laugh.

“Oh, okay.” Funny how it is perfectly okay to criticise a man for being a man, but if you dared say the same thing about a woman? (I guess we do, however. Don't be such a girl. But that is usually a boy on boy comment) I get it, I understand the reasons why… men have a lot of bad behaviour to make up for… and I can take it, I don’t really care. It is just interesting the way society is going.

So the instructions were…

Place down up (tray)… scrawled on the inside of the box lid. 
I mean, how stupid of me for not taking in such definitive instructions. Would I dare to comment on the inexact level of female instructions? No, I would not.

No comments: