Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunny Sunday

 I was up at 8.45 with an aching wrist. I don’t know why? It felt like repetitive strain injury, but does that come on so quick? It ached with pain.

I wrote on my computer for a while. Actually, I read on line news. Then I tried to do some writing, but I couldn’t find my usb. I tried to sneak back into the bedroom, to get my USB and then return to my computer to do some writing, but Sam woke up immediately and then Buddy ascended the stairs and came snuffling into the room.

Then we were all awake… and I didn’t write anything. My morning writing was gone… oh well.

I made coffee and muesli, what was left of it. I piled on the bananas to make up for the lack of cereal. Then I did all the weekly washing, as Sam swept the back yard.

The sun was shining.

I asked Sam if he wanted to go to the dog park. He said yes. I messaged Jill if she wanted to meet us there, but she didn’t answer straight away.

Sam rubbed Tiger Balm on my sore hand.

We walked to Victoria Street and ate Vietnamese. I wasn’t allowed to take photos as Sam was in emergency food mode. I ate Broken Rice, Sam ate rice paper rolls with meats and we both ate a plate of mini Vietnamese pancakes.

Jill called as we ate, she got cut off as soon as we got connected. “Hi it’s me…” nothing. I waited for her to call back, she didn’t. I guess I should have called her, but I didn’t. I asked the question, she was supposed to provide the answer, I guess. The food distracted me. We saw her yesterday, the allocated shopping day. Sam wanted to go to Costco. I reminded him yesterday we mindlessly shopped.

We bought food for dinner. Sam threatened to buy bitter melon to make salad. I told him the only thing it was good for was a dildo. He made the purchases, I carried the bags. My sore hand held no sway. But it did hurt.

We watched the drug dealers do drug deals.  The attractive Asian chick around 30, who I’ve seen down there before and who seems to do the supplying. Hair pulled back, beautiful eyes. And the big guy in track pants who looked like he has a cock like a horse. He handed over something to a guy in front of us, with that customary palm slide and then he seemed to take something from behind one of his teeth. Then it was over and he was back with the Asian chick, smiling revealing his missing teeth.

We walked home. It was a beautiful sunny day. I took photos.

I was talking nonsense on the way home. It started with a discussion about the pork bone we’d bought Buddy… and it went from there. “And then the pig police arrive and accused us of hog homicide and all we could do was oink and take our trotters out of our mouths.”

I said to Sam that I’d post it on Facebook and I bet someone would like it, as they do on Facebook. It makes me wonder sometimes if people even read what I write. I sometimes wonder if there is any depth to Facebook? It exists for a lot of noise to be released.

It was a sparkling day. Sunny, a lovely day to be out in it. It was one of those shiny, slip along with ease kind of days. Kissed by the sun and everything seemed stress free. The sky shone blue, the light was crisp and encouraging.

Sam rubbed more Tiger balm into my hand when we got home.

We walked Buddy down to Messina to buy ice creams instead of taking him to the dog park. Shrug! Wide eyes. Hands turned over in mid air. We also had a couple of things we’d forgotten to buy earlier in the day. Cat food and milk. The ice cream shop had a long queue out into the street, there were people everywhere. I think people are so bored now a days, they’d go to the opening of anything. We saw Gavin and Phillip who were inside. They came out with their ice creams, which I refused a taste of, but Sam tried. He said it was far too sweet. Apparently, it is meant to be super creamy.

I left Sam with them and went to Woolies. I had instructions to get milk and cat food. I wanted and yogurt and bananas for breakfast. I impulsively bought cloudy apple juice. I bought three different types of muesli with the intention of mixing them together with the extra sultanas I’d also bought.

Sam thinks he saw the pit bull that attacked Buddy on Smith Street. The pit-bull was on a thick chain and it barked when it saw Buddy as though it still wanted to eat him. Of course, Buddy wanted to go over and say hello. The (presumed junkie) owner eyed Sam as if he may have recognised Sam. He text me in the supermarket to tell me. There was no sign of the junkie or his junkie dog as we headed home.

I made raspberry jelly with mandarin segments.

We ate pork belly and Bok Choi.

My hand only hurts a bit now.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

We had a strangely parallel day...

-took dog for walk;
-did housework; and
-ate pork belly.

FletcherBeaver said...

All the best people, hey