Friday, November 08, 2013

Just say no

We talked about the latest sex scandal (as such) to come out of the armed forces, at work today. The young boy sailors who are being raped, or sexually penetrated, with pens or drink bottles on the birthdays, as a form of initiation.

J piped up (the youngest of the team and such a Charlotte, if you go in for Sex in The City character profiling) “Why don’t they just say no?”

A (the other HR girl, who I just think is great and who, from all accounts, thinks the same way about me) and I just broke up.

“If it is all the same to you…” said A, with big eyes. “I’d rather not.”

“Thanks all the same, but no,” I said, “But thank you for thinking of me…”


A and I laughed.

"We aren't talking about consensual sex," I said.

"Oh," said J. "Well how else would it happen..."

"They'd be held down," said A.

"By a group of men," I said.

"Oh, well that's not very nice," said J. She screwed up her face.

A and I laughed some more.

No comments: