Monday, November 04, 2013

Working On My Photos

Just before Big Brother came on, I asked Sam about the printer/scanner in my study. The new one, the one I have barely used as a printer and have never used as a scanner. I decided that I should give it a go to see if it could scan photos, or not. 

It was particularly an image of me, Mark, Lauri and Dean, in which we all looked handsome. The four of us looked great, actually.

It worked. WooHoo!


The images were sooooo much better than the grainy images I came up with last time I scanned photos on that other scanner that I used. Admittedly, that may have been 6 or 7 years ago and clearly the hardware/software has vastly improved. 

I also have Photoshop now and can work the images over well. 20th Century images being given the 21st Century software tweaks.

When I said that I’d rather stay in the study and scan than come and watch Big Brother, Sam suggested moving the printer into the lounge room, I guess, realising he may not see me otherwise for the rest of the night.



I stayed up late scanning. It was exciting to think that my photo collection could be completed. Instead of being permanently on hold, as it would seem it has been, due to so many missing negatives, I can now complete the missing images.

It is amazing how the images come to life when you view them on a computer screen and not in a sleeve in a photo album.

No comments: