Thursday, November 07, 2013

Gravity

We went to see Gravity at iMax. Sam wanted to go to the dumpling shop after the movie, but I wanted to come straight home afterwards and do more photo scanning. I know, pathetic. Oh I shouldn’t be so hard on myself… I know, enthusiastic. It is just a little one-eyed, I guess.

We had an hour before the movie started at 6.30 at the museum. I wanted to get kebabs which we could eat while we were walking to the cinema. Sam wanted to have Huxtable hamburgers. We opted for the hamburgers. The last time I had them they were small and expensive and ordinary. They are still expensive, but they were quite nice and a step above ordinary… but still kind of small.

Gravity was okay. It was nice to look at. Cool in 3D, even if I think my 3D glasses had seen better days. It was visually beautiful. But, still kind of American in places. Americans are not ones for doing subtlety generally, or believability, either. And I don’t really like Sandra Bullock, she has so little subtlety to her, or deft of hand at acting. She is very much a two dimensional actrine. Sometimes you have to play somebody else other than yourself. Sometimes you have to transform.


It was nice walking home in the cool night air. We watched Top Gear. I scanned more of my photos. Then there was the second episode of Top Gear on, I scanned, Sam headed up stairs earlier than his earlier than normal nana time, 10pm. I stayed up until midnight.

1 comment:

Your Abstract said...

Sandra was such a weird choice for that movie.