Tuesday, March 03, 2015

How now Browne Brown

It always amuses me when I see people with the name Brown with an "e" at the end. Browne. Is that the posh version of one of the plainest names around? 

Sarah Brown. John Smith. Tom Jones.

It's like spelling Jane with a ph, or Smith with a silent X.

A life less ordinary, all in the spelling of a name. How did it come to this, the bench mark being set so low? I blame reality TV.

Myickalah, is it?

The more ordinary the people feel, the more tripple sss's they will have. Or, I guess, the more ordinary the parent's felt the more weighed down with insanity their kids will become.

I once knew a Sssusan, I kid you not... although, she was middle aged so, I guess, her parents were pot smokers from the 1960s.

In fifty years we'll all have unpronounceable names and we'll be covered in ink. Nursing homes will be full of Rocketshipmoonunits who have been completely scribbled over. Just two blood shot eyes blinking out from a dark blue/black, filagree mask.

It's funny, the most radical thing you will be able to do very shortly is to be called John and have clear skin.

No comments: