Sunday, March 29, 2015

Rupert and Paddington









I was a Paddington Bear boy as a kid. The first book I read was Charlotte's Web, the second book was Wind in the Willows and, I think, Paddington Bear would have come in after that, pretty much.

I had a wonderful aunt, Auntie Mae who read me Winnie the Pooh, but he was read to me, so he may have come in earlier before I read myself.

We watched the Paddington Bear movie last night. And while they didn't stick to the original story line exactly, it was, I guess what you'd call, they'd call, a reimagining. And I quite liked it. 

Admittedly, it has been more years than I'd care to mention since I read Paddington Bear last.

Not long after it started, I messaged Mark and told him that the Paddington Bear movie had a villain in it, namely Nicole Kidman, which I was sure wasn't the case with the books. I don't remember them being that kind of story.

Mark responded with, "I was always more of a Rupert Bear boy myself."

Rupert Bear? Who the hell is Rupert Bear? I'd never heard of him. Mark sent me some clip art of him, which I'd never seen before. He looks like a very gay little bear. (have you ever seen a gayer bear?) I reckon Rupert would have had a close mate like Big Ears.

No comments: