Sunday, March 22, 2015

Where Is My Motorbike Helmet?

I've got a cold sore on my bottom lip the likes of which I haven't had in years, if ever. It is like Mount Vesuvius on my lower lip. I can't wash my face properly, I can't dry my face properly after a shower. I can't shave easily. It feels like a pin cushion, with pins inserted. Oh, damn it! Ug!

I'm not happy. I haven't had a coldsore for the longest time. I feel like John Merrick whenever I do. "I am not an animal!" 

But, I had stopped taking my lysine tablets. And last week I ate a muesli and cranberry muffin at the end of which I was picking up the crispy bits in the bottom of the ripped open bag thinking they were toasted muesli pieces and it wasn't until I popped the last piece in my mouth - don't you love that timing - I realised they were toasted almond slivers. It always seems to be toasted almonds that gives me cold sores. 

Usually, I am so careful not to eat almonds. Funny, some people think I am implying that I have a nut allergy when I say I can't eat almonds and they get all 21st Century nut allergy scared. But no, nothing so dramatic, just plain old pussy lip sores, I am afraid.

Where is my motor bike helmet?

No comments: