Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rise and Shine

I'm always up early, these days, up early rise and shine, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise, isn't that what they say? (Or is that a just right wing plot to get us all into work so capitalism can dominate the world?) Milo purrs in my lap, soft and silky and playful, as I turn on my laptop and sip my coffee. He is a bundle of energy, lightning fast. he has lovely paws, as they grab at my hand.

I open the back door, I feel the cool air swirl around me gently, and we have, what is like, the changing of the sheep dogs on Bugs Bunny, Milo scampers outside and Buddy wanders in, snuffling his bulldog snuffle. Buddy is not the little guy any more, he looks positively huge next to Milo. Buddy sits in my lap too. That's 20 extra kilos. He is like a big teddy bear in my arms. He rests his head on my shoulder, making it quite impossible to type, and snores softly.

No comments: