Saturday, July 08, 2017

I Had A Dream

I dreamt that Alexandra Jones, and Joanne Suffolk, (two old friends, one of which, Joanne, I don't see, haven't seen for years, the other, Alexandra, I see from time to time, but not very often) and I worked for a supermarket. I was trying to make a phone call, the phone number for which I had to read from a telephone book, but Alexandra wouldn’t let me look at the number without me showing it to her, which I didn’t want to do. Joanne was in the back ground some how egging Alexandra on. Alexandra chased me all over the supermarket trying to see the number in the telephone book, no matter where I hid, she’d find me and I wouldn’t be able to look at the number and make the call. Joanne would be behind her. I ended up in a back store room, which was all dark, shadows, very noir, but she found me and I still couldn’t make the call. Then management got involved, in the form of long, dark shadows, discussing our behaviour, and separating us.

I woke with a start, it was still dark, early morning, I shook my head and thought, "What the fuck?"

I looked over at Sam, he was snoring.

I looked at the bedside clock, it was 6.4somethingam.

I hadn't seen Joanne for 20 years. The last time I saw her was at her wedding. I went with Leah, my childhood girlfriend, who leaned into me sometime during the wedding and said, "This is the ugliest wedding that I've been to." It is fair to say Joanne wasn't a 'looker.' The husband wasn't much to look at either. Leah laughed.

Alex I see on and off, we're still friends, although not as close as we once were.

I have no idea what that dream was about.

No comments: