Friday, February 11, 2005

Take a Rain Check Sick Boy

I called my sister, Gill, first thing for her birthday. Otherwise, I’d forget. You know what an airhead I am.
Then again, the more I call myself an airhead, the more it will be true? What do you reckon?


How's it going?
How are you feeling?
Tom


It's all going well. Nearly there.
I feel like I'm going to fall in a heap tomorrow.
christian


SMS. 17.31. People in my room! – Tom
SMS. 17.34. Push them up a floor – christian

I went to drinks after work for Campbell, Shane’s ex. I really didn’t feel like going, but it was a solidarity thing, for a fallen comrade.

SMS. 17.54. Hey…Do u wanna hang out 2nite…Maybe see a movie? Love 2 catch up and do whatever. Love xx – Jude
SMS. 18.16. (Jude) Kind of…I’ve been sick all week & I’m going home to fall in a heap…So I’ll be home. So come over, if u want, but I can’t promise to be too sparky – christian

Manny came to surprise me after work, but of course I had headed off to drinks. He’d been waiting on the corner of Elizabeth and Bourke, but I’d turned off at McKillop, just before Elizabeth and had missed him. Then he’d been to my place, after which he left a message about heading home. Bugger, I thought. I wanted to catch up with him.

SMS. 18.33. (Tom) Now I’m pissed and heading home – christian
SMS. 18.43. Maybe take a rain check sick boy! Feel better and c ya soon. xx – Jude

I waited at the corner of Spring and Bourke perusing the passengers on the tram for a smiley face, but he’d got off at the stop before to go to Parliament. He called me for a final time from the station and, of course, I was just a short distance away. So we met up after all.

Mark had woofers staying.
Tom was having dinner at the Union with two friends.

SMS. 19.11. At The Union here. Jude wants you to call her – Tom
SMS. 19.15. I’ve got a sexy Greek boy in my arms now… – christian 

No comments: