Monday, February 28, 2005

Crisp, Cool Night Air

I met Jude at the Playhouse, to see Cyrano De Bergerac, with David Wenham, whose a bit of all right, hey? The play was good, entertaining, worth seeing. Good set and funny.

Jude and I walked home through Fed Square, where I bought a giant slurpee and Jude bought cigarettes and an ice-cream. We walked up Flinders Street, dripping everywhere. We cut through the Treasury Gardens, stopping to look at the bronzes of Premiers past, in the cool night air. I like them and I often stop to have a chat. Dunstan is still my favourite, I like patting him on the arse, it gives me a certain perverse pleasure. I don’t think I told Jude that.

I’m still not quite sure how Caine got a bronze statue? I mean, i do know, due to a technicality, something about Joan's time as Premier. I just don't know how that really works. It shouldn't work.

On to The Fitzroy Gardens, with the giant Elms watching overhead like sentries, all the way home.

Tom was home with Aby when we got there. 


No comments: