Thursday, March 10, 2005

Cloudy Thursday

Well hello there, Chris
Yes you're right – very quiet.  Am in the horrendous position of starting each day with around 100 unread e-mails (all of which need me to do something as opposed to just reading them) and also having to do the rest of my job.  Am feeling very, very swamped.  Grrr!
How about we catch up for dinner.  Miss your company.
How's the non-smoking going by the way?  I started again after 5 weeks (bad me but loving the addiction).  I still have it in my plans to give up (again) but don't have a firm date for that yet.  If you've started smoking again maybe I'll wait until after we've caught up because I just know I'll be a sooky-sooky-la-la and have one if you're having one.
PS: my car has finally died.  If we catch up it'll need to be in the city because Fitzroy is just a nightmare by public transport for me.
Let me know when is good for you. 
PPS: how's your script coming along?  Hope life is grand.
Kym Meadows


Kym
The email thing sounds horrendous! Why? Did you do something wrong and are now being punished?
I'm still officially given up, but am on shaky ground for the last little while, and all though I feel like caving in, and probably will cave in – no I won't, no I won't – I am a non-smoker still, by the skin of my teeth.
But I'm cranky, oh, yes siree Bob!
We should catch up for dinner.
The script faltered, for the moment.
Life is good.
christian


So when do you want to catch up – is there a not Wednesday day next week that's good for you?
Kym


Morning Miss.
I am finally biting my bullet and going to see an osteopath for my neck.  Just up the road thankfully, so I can walk.
I swear I have been near crippled the last three days.
Now, you know that this is a long weekend don't you?
What plans have you?
Dancng dancing dancing J
xTom


How's ya neck, miss?
I don't know what I want to do over the weekend, very little, I suspect. Lie low and enjoy the soft hum of nothingness!
Perhaps, get a little... and chill.
It's just nice lying here...
christian


neck's a little better after some manipulation and cracking got the heater on and listening to music, wishing I had some of that too
Tom


Ha, ha, ha, ha!
christian


SMS. 15.23. I’m in Ballarart ? Don’t ask…) just say real estate agent ‘Fletcher’s’ any relation? – Rachel
SMS. 15.28. Did I tell u we bought another house? Mortgage now $680! Fuck me! – christian
SMS. 15.29. Fletcher’s no relation – christian
SMS. 15.40. The one u talked about near u? – Rachel
SMS. 15.41. No. Thornbury – christian
SMS. 16.57. Why? – Rachel


Big Mole,
Little Mole here. It's snowing again outside - curses!! Much as I like snow and its very prettiness I had thought that we were headed for thaw and the lovely Spring. The birds are going at it like crazy and when we left my seminar yesty at 5.30 IT WAS STILL LIGHT!!!!  But no, doll, snow.
Nevertheless.
I am killing time. I have decided to write to you from here - work, and then to go home and write from there. Then it may be time to head off to the old.... and pick up some... But will 8pm come around? Will it last forever? Will I remain cool and think tralala? This remains to be seen, indeedy do it does. Come on clock!
My sister in law in Aussie asked me if I would go thirdies in a plane ticket for me sister to warm the cockles of me Mum's heart for her 70th (and me Dad's too). I'm afraid I didn't show much spirit: it's a disgrace really. I emailed back that I was buying MY OWN ticket (as well) and that I wouldn't be able to afford it. I even write something about me sister still owing me money from the last lend so she could come over and warm the cockles of me parents' hearts (boo boo!)and of my reluctance to do it again. Since then of course I have reframed through guilt and would like to say Sure! But! It's the money mate – I actually would find it difficult to do both and hello, haven't they thought of that? Maybe they think since we are all teachers we can afford it. I happen to think ME coming back for the manky old 70th is present enough, but you know middle children and favourite childs – goddam only daughter and eldest child (not really of course, the damned bit that is). But would it be a mere XYZ AUS $??? No no no, I have spoken... manky sister mank mank mank.
She's got no job and ain't since arriving in UK more or less what, 20 years ago? She's had three tickets back so far (2 of which she cashed in and went on hols with the girlfriend in the Lakelands of UK) and the tother I helped her out with to some 400AUS$ and it was never even mentioned again and at the time I a student man and she didn't even visit me the mank, just the folks and was daughter returned (that is when she and girlfriend weren't hitting one another). Whinge, whine, mank. Look, look at me! Look at what I can do! I'm kid number 3! Well mank you sunshine.
Of course I'm showing no team spirit and me folks ARE 70 and just want us all for some manky 70th BBQ fest in the backie (Gore St, just think of Gore St) and the gift is REALLY for me folks and me Mum... but...
I spose the sister in law don't know all the ins and outs and don't know the background – but then again, maybe she does and is just more open hearted than me! Ye Gads! Maybe me brother Mike has informed her all about the family folklore that I'm a bitch and this's typ? Oh No!
By the way, me sis asked me for 50 pounds last week so she could pay some application fee – I thought A. why is 50 a lot, why doesn't she have it? B. if 50 isn't a lot why is she asking me, why doesn't she have it? C. it mist've been hard to ask me, D. Maybe it ain't hard to ask me at all...
I decided then not too but prevaricated and then said yes but it was sorted by her writing a dodgy checque. Now you can say what you like about Josh Cole (that for eg he is a manky mole with a chronic sore throat, or she's a dumb but sparky mole or that she never shuts up or whatever – and I'm lucky if I get any airtime so I'm content enough as it is ya packa bitches) but he does appear to pay his bills (and leave his junk in bits and pieces all across the globe – don't throw it out! it's a treasure! etc). Uli already uses me sister as a Coley example whenever he thinks I'm getting too frisky slackin off work-wise etc.
So the thing is... is any of this interesting and is it 8 pm yet? Looks at clock – no? Squints. Really? Bugger. Then time to go home and make a cocoa and look at the clock again. Surely it's 8pm. Only 4? Surely there's some mistake.
And as for you, bugggugbaloo,
I'll talk to ya lata
PS I have all the series of Cath and Kim now hee hee hahaha
Gale One


I tried to write a reply to Josh, but…
I smoked too much dope and ended up wasted on the couch watching The Great Race. Just the light of the television and my legs stretched out in front of me, not feeling at all like my legs. I’m sure I had a crooked smile on my face. Yes, my face felt crooked.
Rachel and Jane called while I was watching it. I didn’t answer. Jane had her business-like tone on, I wondered what that was all about? Rachel sounded drunk. Maybe she was? Although, I can’t imagine alcohol making children any easier.
I was mostly surprised that the two of them weren’t watching The Great Race, more so than them not knowing enough not to call during it.
It is soooo gorgeous having the house to myself. He, he! I love it, I do! So much.
I slipped off to bed in a stoned haze. I felt like I could have done anything, my own little world.
I’m so going to live on my own, as soon as I get the chance. Little house somewhere else, Palmer Street, Fitzroy, maybe? I so love this house, though. I could live here forever, quite happily. But living in another part of Fitzroy would be fun, I guess. Over the other side of Brunswick Street, I haven’t lived over there before.
Maybe, just with Tom. Maybe not, actually. If Tom had the money, he’d live on his own in Elwood or St. Kilda.
I sooo hope that Tom is okay. My life would be so much more empty, if Tom wasn’t around. I can’t quite believe that I would have one of the best friends you could ask for and it’s all under threat. Please universe, he’s one of the good ones. Let some of my charmed life rub off on Tom, just a bit. It’s not in keeping with the way my life is, nothing terrible has ever happened, for something to happen to him.
I just can’t imagine him not in my life. I just can’t!


Hey Miss.
I hope you had a lovely night to yourself.
I went to the sauna for an hour which was dead.
I was thinking as I was driving home that I might go up to Bolago if they haven't got anything big on. I'd really like to spend some time with Mark.
What do you think?
xTom

No comments: