Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bashful Luke

We all gathered around to eat cake for a staff member's birthday, yesterday morning. I was eating banana cake, Kate had chocolate, as we talked real estate. Kate's selling her Fitzroy house, so she can renovate her Fitzroy warehouse. Cute Luke walked up. Kate and I looked over at him. Luke looked all bashful, smiling self consciously, looking from me to Kate.


He gazed at his feet. Uneasy. I'm sure he blushed.

"What's wrong with you?" I said. I have impeccable Luke-dar.

"Nothing," said Luke.

"What's up?" said Kate?

"Nothing," said Luke, as he kicked at the carpet with his foot.

"It sure looks like it," I said.

"No, nothing," said Luke.

"You can tell us," said Kate.

"Yeah, you can tell us Lukey-boy," I said.

"I'm scared of Kate," said Luke. He looked away.

"Scared of Kate?" I said.

"Scared of me?" said Kate.

"Did you know?" I asked Kate.

"Well, he hasn't made eye contact with me, yet," said Kate.

"That's pretty good, Kate," I said.

"I thought it was pretty good," said Kate.

"How did you do it?"

"I'm not sure," said Kate.

"Can you make him cry," I said. My heart would dissolve with his tears, if he cried.

"I'm going," said Luke. He turned and walked away.

"Oh Luke," Kate said.

"Oh Luke," I said.

He's just adorable, I thought. I wish I could effect him that way. Sigh.


No comments: