Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Long Way Around

 I can't go to my local milk bar to buy cigarettes for my joints. I was their most famous smoker, the bloke with the Styvo soft pack. Well, they made such a deal out of me giving up smoking that I'd hate to disappoint them. I had to tell them, as they got the cigarettes out as soon as I went in, without me asking, so I had to say. Otherwise, my modus de operandi when giving up smoking is not to say anything to any one, then the general public doesn't know if it doesn't work. It's amazing how many people do notice, though, especially other smokers.


Safety in numbers.


Anyway, now I have to walk to the 7/11. Well, it would be dishonest to say the cigarettes weren't for me, or that I haven't taken up smoking again, although, still no cigarettes.


Mark made me promise that I wouldn't take it up again, so then he could give up too. Soon.

Safety in numbers?


1 comment:

Bold oy! said...

I guess you just stopped smoking less than two weeks ago and then I come upon this and I see that it's an ongoing process.

The third time I stopped smoking I swore to myself that whatever happened I would not ever take even a single hit of tobacco. I know that there is a point when you have conquered your addiction, it's not a problem any more, and you think - for one reason or another - that you could smoke ONE cigarette because you're on top of it.

That's what started me off again the first two times.
The third time I didn't fool myself and it has lasted 28 years.

Good luck;-)