Thursday, September 25, 2008

Calling


My new phone is nice. It's nothing special, like an iPhone, or anything that exotic. It's just a Nokia, 6500. But, it's nicely weighted - it feels like something. Has some substance to it, feels solid. Feels good in my hand. (sounds like I'm talking about something else) It's nice getting back to basic black - goes with everything - after having to have a certain amount of colour on my last two phones. Really, it's just like my old phone, but does everything a bit more slickly. It's good, I like it. Not that I needed a new phone, but, I guess, it's nice to have one, anyway.

Most of my friends have emailed their details to me. Word seemed to get out, after I asked a couple of people for their numbers. Then everyone seemed to email me with all their numbers, some of which - like home numbers and work numbers - I didn't have before.

What I have lost, is all the guy's numbers I had. Don't get me wrong, my phone was no little black book, but there were certain numbers and certain boys I'd call up from time to time for a bit of R & R. I have lost them, my only contact detail was their mobile number. Simon. Eugene. Steve. Jack. I guess they will call me eventually, maybe. Otherwise, it will be if I bump into them. I don't know anything else about them - surname, address, work, nothing. It never seemed all that relevant. We only ever hooked up for one thing.

No comments: